Thursday, July 31, 2008

Zipping Across Japan


My JR Rail Pass expired yesterday, but not before I got to zip around Japan several times on the Shinkansen, or bullet train. I keep hearing about plans for California to build something similar. I can only hope that it happens in my life time ... perhaps the high gas prices will be fuel enough to get the tracks down soon.

One of my favorite parts of riding the Shinkansen is watching the train agents turn back towards the passengers and bow before exiting the car to go to the next car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fast do you think the bullet train was going and was the bullet train powered by electricity magnets or gas?

Shafer Sensei said...

Gosh, I don't know. I would give extra credit to any Media Academy student who can figure this out for me!