Friday, July 4, 2008

12 Days and Counting


I'll arrive in Tokyo 12 days from now. The preparation has begun! I'm thumbing through my Japanese phrase book for quick reminders of the most common phrases that used to come pretty easily to me. The one section that had me laughing was "hairdressing." In addition to teaching me "I'd like a haircut," "I'd like color," and "I'd like a shave," the Loney Planet writers gave me one I wish I'd had ready for my last American hairdresser in Heath, Ohio -- "I should never have let you near me!" (Anata ni tanomanakereba yokata!)

But then again, I doubt a Tokyo haircut will cost just $22 like the one in Heath, Ohio.

1 comment:

Mattybeans said...

By my calculations we should have gotten a Japanese post. What's up-get away from the people and culture and get in an internet cafe.

Hope you're having a great couple of weeks since the Awesomian times.

Matt