Monday, August 4, 2008

Too Much Information? Nope!


Now I want to keep this blog clean, but this photo demands a posting.
After living in Japan for two years as an Assistant English Teacher, three months as a journalist and three weeks as a tourist, I finally found a sign that gave me comfort that I would not set off an Old Faithful in the toilet stall.
This sign, posted in a Shinjuku department store bathroom, gives instructions -- in English -- of just what all those fancy buttons on a Japanese toilet will trigger. And now, thanks to this sign, I know how to wash my buttocks on a Japanese toilet and even how to dry my buttocks on a Japanese toilet.
The warning at the bottom lets me know that if I don't sit all the way back or if I push the green wash buttocks button while standing, I will get my clothes wet.

No comments: